top of page

St Joseph's Northcote

Meet Our Team


Fiona Ehmer

Deputy Principal

Mary Kearney


Kathryn Coventry.jpg

Kathryn Coventry

Administration Office

Julia Koot.jpg

Julia Koot

Classroom Teacher

Kate Lynn

Classroom Teacher / Learning & Teaching Leader


Sophie Bonello

Classroom Teacher

Wild Flowers

Lauren Taffe

Classroom Teacher

Tess Parton

Classroom Teacher / Mandarin Teacher

Tess Parton.jpg
Angela Stamellos.jpg

Ashlyn Keane

Classroom Teacher / Student Wellbeing Teacher


Angela Stamellos

Classroom Teacher

Lauren Greenlaw.jpg

Lauren Greenlaw

Classroom Teacher

Wild Flowers

Bridget Sim

Classroom Teacher

Peter Zammit

Physical Education Teacher / STEM teacher

St Joseph's Photo.jpg

Georgie Finnigan

Performing Arts Teacher

Wild Flowers

Jacinta Murphy

Education Support Officer



Jacinta Murphy.jpg
Steph Vlahos.jpg

Stephanie Vlahhos

Education Support Officer

Maya Muxlow

Education Support Officer

Maya Muxlow.jpg
Wild Flowers

Louise Keys 

Visual Arts Teacher


St Joseph’s Primary School was established by the Sisters of Mercy on Arthurton Road in 1893. In 1904 the Sisters of the Good Samaritan were asked by the Roman Catholic Church to take over from the Sisters of Mercy. 


The Good Samaritan Sisters travelled to school by horse and cart from South Yarra each day. The Sisters had charge of the school until 1973 when the first lay Principal was appointed.

In 1919 the school moved from the wooden building on Arthurton Road to a newly built brick premises on the present site in James Street, Northcote. In the early years the school catered for children from Prep up to Year 8. The girls in Years 7 and 8 attended a commercial class where they learnt typing and shorthand.

In the 1980s a library was constructed at the front of the building and the external stairs were removed. In the 1990s further refurbishments were completed. When the 'Building the Education Revolution' funding was granted by the Federal Government, classrooms were refurbished, a community kitchen was installed and a lift to cater for the 3 storey building was added.

EST. 1893

Our story,
Our beginnings...

bottom of page